Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zone defence system "Kaligor-video"  (Read 1771 times)
June 15, 2015, 04:00:03 pm
Finally the time has come and I kinda proud to tell you my story about project called "Kaligor-video", that I just finished and released final version to my customer. Hurray!

This project was started in early 2013 and since then the program was varied several times, so even in 2014 I still didn't realized, what exactly this program will do in the final stage. But idea of this project is pretty simple - make a system that calculates so-called "security ratio" (K), that can be found as division of the camera's visibility volume to detection zone volume.

Nothing really hard, at first sight. The real problem for me at this time was just calculation camera's visibility volume, that took me for awhile and at the end of 2013 it was ready and I thought the most things of this program are done, but I was wrong, it was just a pre-party.

The program required realistic graphics, whether and import system. It was reasonable to use new q3d5 features for it. So from here I started a long trip of exploration and domestication that thing called "Qframework". And it was the real challenge for me... So much problems with unstable import system (at 5.0 v.), so much moments when I lose heart with unknown OO system... it was like you walking along dark hallway and thinking about ending and whether the end exist at all.
Anyway, I can't remember correctly how much time I fought with Qf, but it was done too, with needed special effects for cameras (radiomagnetic interference, flares...). At this time I also get another requirements for program with some rules and specifications of camera's placement and it took me some time too to make program as close as possible to the standards of protection systems.

This program took me more than 2 years and I got lucky to see it working (god bless you q3d 5.1.2).
I want to say special thanks to Anuar, Darren, Jorge for helping me all this time. Without you there wouldn't be any result at all. That's true. Thank you guys!

So, this is it - my last project with Q3D and I'm very happy to finish it. Very glad to met so interesting community 7 years ago and super excited to work with you.

Quest3d - challenge yourself!
June 16, 2015, 06:28:03 am
Great work Den, glad you got it finished!  Cool Cool
June 16, 2015, 06:49:40 am
Den Congratulations!  Smiley
I know it was a lot of work on its development. I hope this is just the beginning and we certainly will be glad something new in the future from you, even if it is not quest3d
June 17, 2015, 05:37:34 pm
Congs, finally done Wink
June 20, 2015, 10:47:40 am
Nice work Puh
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: