Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lumion blog online  (Read 117477 times)
May 28, 2010, 11:28:59 pm
As some of you might know we have been working on new rendering methods and a new product. The new product is separate from Quest3D but it's largely build with Quest3D technology.

You can now view two movies and some screenshots. More material is coming!

Take a look at the blog for the latest information.

http://Lumion3D.com
May 29, 2010, 09:27:46 am
Hi, Remko. It's amazing.
I hope not wasting efforts in detriment of quest3d with this...

Edit: Please, read this as CONSTRUCTIVE. Just wanting the best for our engine.
May 29, 2010, 09:34:51 am
Hi, Remko. It's amazing.
I hope not wasting efforts in detriment of quest3d with this...

I agree.
I'm still waiting what happens with v5, before to choose if I continue with Quest3D...
May 29, 2010, 10:32:50 am
Nice scenery! And good to see some footage finally made it out.
Little Architecture for an 'Architecture Edition' yet, though. Cheesy Looking forward to the first 'massive urban area on a non-mountain groundplane' (a.k.a. Vinex) visualisation.
May 29, 2010, 11:41:41 am
Yes, this is very cool Smiley Definitely looking forward to some architectural images - both exterior and interior.

I also hope you'll be able to implement some realtime GI similar to what Viktor is currently working on. Even if it's just a single bounce, it would make a lot of difference to shadowed areas. In the latest screenshots (May 29th), it's a little unrealistic that the shadowed areas on the rocks are 100% black.
May 29, 2010, 02:58:30 pm
Yes. Look very cool. But what if Viktor's lighting system is going to be better than Silex3d or Q3D5?

ali-rahimi.net
May 29, 2010, 02:59:36 pm
you will always need Q3d to use Viktor's lighting system.

Silex3d has nothing to see with Q3d, it's another application/product.
May 30, 2010, 01:18:40 pm
Indeed Silex is a different application. Technology from Silex3D will flow over into Quest3D of course. But the main difference is that these scenes are create able by everyone. We literally tested on grandmas and grandpas to get the interface intuitive for everyone. We will try to keep the blog active by posting new content often. Also showing the real architecture kind of projects. And there are many cool surprises to show.
May 30, 2010, 03:36:43 pm
I'm definitely looking forward to more blog posts Smiley

Are you able to share any news on what kind of hardware is needed to run Silex3D? If I went out and bought a laptop with the increasingly popular GT 330M GPU, would that be enough? Or do you need the latest and greatest desktop GPU?
May 30, 2010, 04:45:43 pm
Indeed Silex is a different application. Technology from Silex3D will flow over into Quest3D of course.
Hi Ferry. Just wanting to say I feel confident Act3d will find a smart way to develop Silex3D and Q3d, both in a double win way. So most things implemented to 1 benefits also 2 and vice-versa.
For example: You develop for Q3D 5.5 an XBox exporter, so... Silex3D users earn this feature as well from a single dev.

PD. Sorry if a bit hitjaking thread.
PD2. Again, please consider my posting in CONSTRUCTIVE way Wink
May 30, 2010, 05:46:53 pm
Quest3D of course benefits greatly from Silex3D. We know things have been quite around Quest3D because of all the major efforts we put into Silex. We where able to make some really big steps in in the render engine because of the focus on Silex which we can share with Quest3D. We are considering making the base engine of Quest3D open source so companies or individuals can port to a specific platform or viewer. Feedback from the community is very welcome on that idea.

As far as hardware we have focused on a price level a bit. 200-250 euro 3d cards will run smoothly. That means a 260 gtx or a 5850 will work really well. On a 8800 gt you can still work well but the massive scenes shine with a fast gpu. Since we have so much content you can't have enough memory on your card if you want to paint a lot of it.

Ones we place some specific movies and screenshots we will explain the technology idea behind them.
May 31, 2010, 08:04:32 am
We are considering making the base engine of Quest3D open source so companies or individuals can port to a specific platform or viewer. Feedback from the community is very welcome on that idea.
Hi Ferry.
I can only say, to my eyes, that would be a very important step forward, where there are some points like, what you mean by "base engine" and, of course, price affordable by what you call "individuals": most users.
Maybe this discussion requires its own thread.
May 31, 2010, 09:26:50 am
The idea is to deliver all source of the channels and the viewer with Quest3D. That means you can create a port to another platform and use the cgr's created with the quest3d editor. The only source that is missing is of the editor itself. But that is not needed to port projects to other platforms.
May 31, 2010, 10:19:57 am
Very interesting! So someone could make the channels compatible with another 3d api?
May 31, 2010, 03:14:15 pm
The latest Silex3D screenshots in bright sunlight look amazing! Shocked
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: