Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Test for Burgos Provincial Palace (web viewer application)  (Read 4086 times)
December 03, 2009, 02:16:47 pm
Hi all.
Maybe you can take a look to this web and tell me if you find any problem running it...

http://palaciovirtual.burgos.es/provisional.html

December 04, 2009, 11:22:49 pm
Impressive looking palace and work gone into creating it, amazing. Quality of texturing and materials, mirror etc is really high.

Is it possible to have a larger view, much larger? as the viewing size not only limits the physical view but negates the impressiveness of the building itself.  It looks like the controls are all web page so some other way of layout or display would be required to increase the viewing area.

It would be good to do something like an option to run fullscreen, in some 3d webapps you can get a fullscreen in the webplayer via right click or other.  Can Quests webplayer allow fullscreen?

Re the controls, I get confused, they keep changing all the time and I find that difficult to operate the app when they are changing so much.  They seem to be doing different things, and swapping from keyboard to mouse seems to do different things, but they probably aren't.

Extremely high detailed work, would be like being there, can I ask how many hours of modelling and texturing have gone into that so far?
December 05, 2009, 01:44:43 am
Unable to move further than lobby, look like "stairs" was loaded but I coudn't go further.
I've used firefox as in IE was proposing me to install webviewer again and again.

Upgrade to PSSM is available for SSAO customers. Check http://www.3dvrm.com/shadows_solution/ for details.
December 05, 2009, 02:03:51 am
Could you, Viktor, tell me what version of windows are you using?
I tested it in XP and 7, and in Explorer.
I had some problem with the W7-Explorer protected mode, that prevents the user input,
and with the groups download timeout, that sometimes makes needed to refresh the page.

Tomorrow morning I'll answer you Peterm. Thank you both.
December 05, 2009, 06:12:24 am
XP
that sometimes makes needed to refresh the page
Didn't tryed that and potential user might not try it as well.

Upgrade to PSSM is available for SSAO customers. Check http://www.3dvrm.com/shadows_solution/ for details.
December 05, 2009, 09:38:28 am
potential user might not try

When it hapens (the timeout) a text under the access arrow tells 'Time exceeds: Reload the page'.
Maybe this text (and the other with the % of download) must be like the 'Cargando' ('Loading')...

Did you tried it? It works now?
December 05, 2009, 11:37:59 am
Whaoo  yes impressive , but naviguation and move are a little strange , I found.
December 05, 2009, 11:48:16 am
Unable to move further than lobby, look like "stairs" was loaded but I couldn't go further.
Same here with firefox 3.5.5 under windows 7 32 bit. The webviewer installed fine and no refresh was needed. It does seem something goes wrong if you click on the stairs multiple times and then move away again.
December 05, 2009, 01:09:54 pm
Loading/stairs:
When the stairs have not been loaded yet, you should see something like the first attanched screen capture, and can't go up the stairs with the buttons, nor with the keyboard.

At the same time the stairs are loaded (second image), the collision object changes, and the advance button becomes available, so you should be able to continue...

Navigation:
The idea with the buttons is not to have direct control (90 turns and so...) but something like go through-exploring good camera positions. This kind of control is intended to be for people who realy don't use videogames, even computers.
I also find that this idea may not be well understood, and I think I will not do this way in the future.

The control with the keyboard is conventional videogame like. You only must to push the "Girar vista" button all the time.
Also "E" key is for going up and "C" for going down.

* stairs loading.jpg (86.68 KB, 606x472 - viewed 1001 times.)

* stairs loaded.jpg (111.42 KB, 606x472 - viewed 979 times.)
December 05, 2009, 04:55:05 pm
Nice work m8.
It worked well on XP64, Explorer and Firefox 2.0
The controls are a little confusing in the beginning, but other than that it looks really nice.
Maybe a little bigger window will do justice to this project, but maybe that will need bigger textures and longer loading times.
December 05, 2009, 07:15:07 pm
XP32, IE. Worked without a problem  Grin.
December 06, 2009, 01:26:50 am
Loading/stairs:
When the stairs have not been loaded yet, you should see something like the first attanched screen capture, and can't go up the stairs with the buttons, nor with the keyboard.

At the same time the stairs are loaded (second image), the collision object changes, and the advance button becomes available, so you should be able to continue...
Yes, that was pretty clear. However, the issue is that this doesn't happen.
December 11, 2009, 04:23:07 pm
unfortunately it doesn't work here, neither in iexplorer, nor firefox. it stops after 100% and nothing happens.  Huh?
December 11, 2009, 05:00:52 pm
Hi.
I'm almost sure that all the problems are for incomplete group loads because of 'timeout' (after that Quest says the group load is 100% done, but not) and/or for some premature call to a group not loaded yet...
December 11, 2009, 10:31:34 pm
More for curiosity, but I noticed that the page had a button to download and install of the Quest viewer, instead of it happening automatically which I thought was possible with the Quest viewer.  Was there a specific reason requiring the manual install approach?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: