Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quest3D conference + Awards  (Read 17492 times)
July 16, 2009, 04:40:51 pm
Dear Quest3D user,

We've activated the Quest3D 2009 conference site.

You can start buying tickets now!!. The conference is recession proof since the tickets are only 50 Euros this year Cheesy. We wanted the conference to be as accesible as possible so it is located close to the airport and we reduced the scedule to 3 tracks in one day. If you live inside Europe you can even leave in the morning and be back home in the evenening.

The date is October 23 2009. The results of the Quest3D Awards will also be presented on the conference. Please stand by for more details on competition entries and conference scedule.

http://conference.quest3d.com
July 16, 2009, 05:38:02 pm
Nice, but why Leiden?  Undecided
July 16, 2009, 07:46:53 pm
Err because Act3d is based there?  Wink
July 16, 2009, 07:57:53 pm
Great news. And we can even come by bike! Cheesy
Will there be a party / event in the evening as well?

Nice idea to do the announcement of the Quest3D Awards at the conference!
I could not find a deadline yet though for the submissions.
July 16, 2009, 08:03:27 pm
yep back to the roots  Smiley

either before or after the event there should be an event in the evening.

July 16, 2009, 08:46:00 pm
Any one want to swing by and pick me up so i can drink?

Q
July 16, 2009, 10:03:52 pm
Well actually Leiden because it's so close but it's the best location so far in terms of getting to the location. It's really easy to go from and to the airport (I know because I did it a million times Cheesy) which is nice. If you want to go by train from germany it's also quite easy.

Anyways there is no party planned yet, or, at least officially sceduled but we all want to have a get together. There is a place nearby where we can hang out afterwards. It used to be the stable of the first cloned cow I believe but now its a bar. Cheesy
July 17, 2009, 01:38:43 am
I will try to get my employer to buy me a ticket, but its a long flight from America! ;D There better be a beer (or three) at the bar afterwards!
July 17, 2009, 09:05:21 am
Nice, but why Leiden?  Undecided

Because, as Remko said, the location easy to get to and of course because it is by far the most fancy city in the world  Clown.

July 20, 2009, 11:40:24 pm
I will try to get my employer to buy me a ticket, but its a long flight from America! ;D There better be a beer (or three) at the bar afterwards!
There always is Wink
Because, as Remko said, the location easy to get to and of course because it is by far the most fancy city in the world  Clown.
The first part really is true. From Amsterdam airport, Schiphol, it's just about 20 minutes by train and there are plenty of trains going there. It's 10 times easier to get to Leiden than to Aachen just because of that. The second part, well, taste differs.
July 21, 2009, 09:16:55 am
Leiden is an example for others hahaha Wink
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=7357459418242698248&ei=r3VlStKoJdPA-AbE6eFc

I agree with that guy that it's a millions times better than the way american cities are arranged although Bostons was pretty awesome so I guess it differs from city to city.
July 21, 2009, 11:23:08 am
I used to live in Leiden and it's a is a great town with lovely architecture, a great atmosphere, many pubs, cafes and resteraunts, and it's close to Amsterdam and the Hague. Well worth visiting!
July 21, 2009, 12:33:23 pm
I was there two years ago, was nicely surprised by streets layout and architecture. At some places had a feeling like you walking inside some ancient castle. Looking forward to visit it again.

Upgrade to PSSM is available for SSAO customers. Check http://www.3dvrm.com/shadows_solution/ for details.
July 21, 2009, 02:41:54 pm
It used to be the stable of the first cloned cow I believe but now its a bar. Cheesy

Saying that, I remember that the pub indeed was a stable of a huge bull, called Herman, who resided there after his retirement.
For those who are more interested in dead bulls than beer: you can cross the street and give him a visit, because they put him in Naturalis  Grin

October 13, 2009, 06:28:17 pm
So, with the conference roughly a week away, I wonder who is actually planning to visit?
It would be rude to not have a drink or two the eve before and/or after the conference, especially for those coming from far. I think it would be great to organize this a bit beforehand if there's enough attendance.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: