Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SSAO for Quest3D (Source code available for purchase)  (Read 58724 times)
March 25, 2009, 10:21:52 pm
When i publish it with 4.2.3 and run the exe it give me this error. But in 4.2.2 it work fine.  Huh?

i have the same error... tried everything allready. standalone, installer and webview don't work, qviewer works. we have to resave in 4.2.2 and publish. thank got for the 4.x.x compatibility...

March 25, 2009, 10:30:39 pm
Viktor is there any chance that we have Cascade Shadow maps in q3d. I dont see any example of it in q3d. Is it hard to add? It seams new q3d will have Cascade Shadow maps. Am i right?

ali-rahimi.net
March 25, 2009, 10:47:27 pm
Massimo1967
Theoretically yes, practically it's difficult as every big enought surface requires different treatment to minimize light bleeding. Something like PCF can be done with smart material. I think Micha did something like that. He is using VSM much longer than me.

I'm still using 4.2.2, this and other projects started with that version, don't want to switch to next one until they finished.

David
Sorry, didn't uderstood, did you managed to compile it finally or not?

It shouldn't be that hard, from programming point it's quite simple, there are a lot of discussion and example of it. But anyway it takes time.

Upgrade to PSSM is available for SSAO customers. Check http://www.3dvrm.com/shadows_solution/ for details.
March 25, 2009, 10:56:30 pm
very thanks for reply.
Micha can you complete Viktor's work adding a smart material shadow?  Wink
Thanks
March 25, 2009, 11:11:02 pm
no Victor, I didn't manage to compile it... there's somewhere something (how usual) that I can't fix. your stuff has no issues, there's something with the version interference or just with the 4.2.3 and above. I've had 4.0 and 4.2.1 installed, everything worked fine, with yours and other hybrids. then I installed 4.2.3 and the problems started to happen - unfortunately I got no time to completely remove quest and install again 4.2.1 pure. but I'm convinced it'd run...
March 26, 2009, 10:17:05 am
i get 30 fps with shadows at 1920*1200

8800gts quadcore at 3.2ghz vista 64bit sp1 enough ram

March 26, 2009, 10:21:30 am
That's quite nice, this scene contains 656k of polygons, all of them are used for shadow calculation. Could be better if find a way to dramatically increas transform stage. I was reading about double speed rendering, when only depth is rendered, but not sure that it can be achived in Quest3D.

Upgrade to PSSM is available for SSAO customers. Check http://www.3dvrm.com/shadows_solution/ for details.
March 26, 2009, 10:37:10 am
so when are we going to see some cool looking projects using viktor's SSAO?
for now i think i am still too stupid to integrate it into my own project, but i would love to see some other's work!  Yummie
March 26, 2009, 10:45:18 am
i am still interested in the source license victor. When will you release it ?

March 26, 2009, 10:53:22 am
Need to document code properly, I'm planning to finish it before weekend.

EDIT: Ohh.. need to finalise a store as well. So, that would be next week, monday-tuesday.

March 26, 2009, 10:58:35 am
That's quite nice, this scene contains 656k of polygons, all of them are used for shadow calculation. Could be better if find a way to dramatically increas transform stage. I was reading about double speed rendering, when only depth is rendered, but not sure that it can be achived in Quest3D.
It should be possible with Quest3D. The video driver should pick this up automatically if the right state settings are set. So, it should work if you just disable color writes in the technique.
March 26, 2009, 11:16:22 am
Thats exactly the isue, if I switch off the color write than rendering can be done only into depth texture (aka hardware shadow maps, 24bit), but we don't have ability to use it as a custom buffer in R2T. Am I missing something?

March 26, 2009, 12:13:35 pm
Thats exactly the isue, if I switch off the color write than rendering can be done only into depth texture (aka hardware shadow maps, 24bit), but we don't have ability to use it as a custom buffer in R2T. Am I missing something?
No, that's a problem with DirectX 9 as far as I know. You can speed up depth rendering, but only to fill the z buffer, which you can't access. DirectX 10 should support reading back the z buffer.
March 26, 2009, 12:21:08 pm
I mean, how then depth can be captured if color write is disabled? In Crysis they used hardware shadow maps surface, as you get a better speed rendering into it.

March 26, 2009, 01:24:15 pm
I mean, how then depth can be captured if color write is disabled? In Crysis they used hardware shadow maps surface, as you get a better speed rendering into it.
Well, that's where DirectX 10 probably comes into play Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: