Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SSAO for Quest3D (Source code available for purchase)  (Read 58725 times)
June 24, 2009, 01:03:58 pm
A perfect alternative for Hybrids is the class system. There are a many of advantages. You can create multiple functions for your component, properties and instancing is much easier.
June 24, 2009, 01:16:19 pm
@ Remko:

Do you plan to completely remove hybrids in the future?
June 24, 2009, 01:30:27 pm
Indeed, it makes the whole process much simplier. Right now, I just don't see a way on how to build and maintaine two versions - OO and non OO for SSAO and Outdoor Shadows Solution. Non OO version is needed as there are a lot of user who don't use OO yet.
But it's a good idea to rebuild SSAO hybrid into OO class, so it can be used in 4.2.3 as well.

I didn't used OO a lot and wonder is it possible or not to run through channel tree and apply shaders or certain logic only to needed channels?
For example, you have a channel tree with a lot of 3D objects and most of them are using physics or animation. Objects position need to be update only one time perframe, so if I render the same object several times during one frame (depth render, final shading, reflection and etc.) I'm getting into trouble as physics and animation get's updated several times. Just setting a "one time per frame update" is not really helping. The current solution is to update object's physic/animation, save object's motion matrix ones per frame and use it for rendering, all this done in channel graph and is quite time consuming task.
If with OO I would be able to go through channel tree, build a list of surfaces with links to corresponding textures, 3DObjectDatas, motion matrices and etc. and then use them for rendering that would be a solution. But what I saw so far is that 3dobject itself need to be OO to efectively use them in classes.
I know that it's like mixing two different concepts - channel graph and OO, but I can't use complete OO approach right now.

Upgrade to PSSM is available for SSAO customers. Check http://www.3dvrm.com/shadows_solution/ for details.
June 24, 2009, 01:36:40 pm
Usually it's a good idea to have a 'update' branch and a 'draw' branch. If you reuse motiondata it is only calculated once.

It does not have to be completely OO. You can attach a channelcaller that contains the scene for example wich is a normal channel graph. I do recommend using global shaders whenever you can because they increase performance.
June 24, 2009, 01:37:29 pm
We have no plans removing Hybrids. The are just depricated, meaning that they are just there for backwards compatibility.
June 24, 2009, 01:55:42 pm
Usually it's a good idea to have a 'update' branch and a 'draw' branch. If you reuse motiondata it is only calculated once.
This is how we actually solved it, but it takes a lot of time to rebuild existing channel graph to such setup. In this case OO would help to make initial setup easier, now in took about a day, as to separating update and draw branch - it took almost a week.

It does not have to be completely OO. You can attach a channelcaller that contains the scene for example wich is a normal channel graph. I do recommend using global shaders whenever you can because they increase performance.
If Update and Draw is separeted - yes. But if they are mixed, Global shader is updating motion and channel logic 5-6 times per frame. When Update and Draw is separated it works really nice. It's now used for final shading as well - there are many object that have the same material but need to be separate meshes because of physic.
I was hoping that using OO on channel graph, such separation can be done as well, without remaking channel logic manually.

Upgrade to PSSM is available for SSAO customers. Check http://www.3dvrm.com/shadows_solution/ for details.
June 24, 2009, 02:36:47 pm
Remko, did you get global shaders working with hierarchy yet?
June 28, 2009, 06:32:49 pm
great    Smiley
July 21, 2009, 03:17:46 pm
could you add this shader to occ?

* Grass_shader.rar (199.77 KB - downloaded 454 times.)

ali-rahimi.net
July 21, 2009, 08:46:43 pm
Very cool!     can speedtree trees like it in the AO? This will be very much looking forward to   Cool
January 14, 2010, 06:11:59 pm
I see the hybrid channel is limited to 4.2.2. 

Is there any way for SSAO to work with 4.3 or higher?

Do I need to purchase the source code for it to work?

Thanks
January 14, 2010, 06:59:13 pm
Unfortunately Hybrids don't work in 4.2.3 and higher version. For higher versions you need to have a source code.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: