Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VisionaiR 360  (Read 4309 times)
August 18, 2008, 08:17:07 pm
I'm proud to announce my latest VR presentation system the VisionaiR360, it's a transportable front projected cave system that uses little space compared to the screensize. the users seated around a table so that shadows are always behind the user.

The VisionaiR 360 is a surround projection system it uses four, 3 meter wide screens that are
horizontally connected to each other to create a cube. An image is projected on all sides so
that a 360 panoramic image is created around the user.

The VisionaiR 360 was designed for users that have little to none experience with VR
This way anyone can use it, The VisionaiR360 is a turn key system that means that the
software is designed specially for the hardware and requires no knowledge from the user
to start or operate. Other than selecting a virtual reality presentation from a menu.
The 360 degree system has many practical advantages over desktopVR

- Easy navigation, (just turn around the table and move the joystick the direction you want to go.) No additional explanation needed
- Keep your orientation during a presentation
- Feel immersed, its like you are really there!

Normally you only find these kind of cave systems only in universities, automobile or &gas industry the
VisionaiR360 was designed to reach out to new industries like architecture, museums archeology, education, art, etc.

To achieve this it it follows the following features:

- It needs only a small space (4x4 meters)
- One fixed self sustaining system that can be built up anywhere
- Cheap to buy and also available for rent (in the Netherlands)

More information @ www.visionair3d.com/visionair360
and www.visionair3d.com

youtube:

sorry no audio with the video yet will update soon... stay tuned!

Maarten van Grinsven
August 19, 2008, 06:41:29 am
Hi, I saw the video and it just made me laugh. It's very ingenious Grin Grin Grin
August 19, 2008, 07:19:47 am
yes there are some funny parts I hope you laugh at the right time  Wink
August 19, 2008, 07:28:05 am
This is really cool! And excellent graphics, too Smiley

I noticed that a SpaceNavigator is used. How did inexperienced users respond to this method of control? I bought one some time ago, but wasn't impressed with the limited motion of the cap.

Good luck with your product!
August 19, 2008, 08:26:42 am
Really cool!
Am I right that in this video you were not able to rotate the camera?
Instead you changed your position in the cave.
Why?
August 19, 2008, 08:52:59 am
the spacenavigator is used for forward/back,up,down and strafe motion. since the system itself is 360 degrees there is no need to rotate the camera. by rotating yourself instead of the camera you will keep orientation and you will need less input devices (like a mouse) for unexperienced users a quake-style mouse keyboard control system can be too difficult. this is because they have trouble controlling movement and head rotation at the same time. by eliminating the need for head rotation input navigation is really simple: just turn around the table and move the joystick the direction you want to go, and you can also move up and down. (this is usually the only explanation I give)

BTW the 3D model in the presentation was made by ArchitectuurProducties
August 19, 2008, 10:51:51 am
I was unable to find any pricing information at your website (maybe in part because I don't speak dutch Wink). How much does your system cost and is it only available in the Netherlands?
August 19, 2008, 12:27:33 pm
Pricing info will follow somewhere next week,
It will only be available for rent in the Netherlands (or maybe Benelux) for sale worldwide
September 13, 2008, 01:59:58 pm
Hi do you have any news on the pricing?
September 13, 2008, 06:58:16 pm
send me an email [email protected] or contact sales trough our webpage www.visionair3d.com
October 07, 2008, 11:33:43 am
You're using Quest3D for the software?
October 08, 2008, 07:02:56 am
This week a house company in Japan give sort of demonstration Show with virtual stuff and similar 360degre...

http://tokyo.misawa.co.jp/br_setagaya/2008/09/post_159.html

you can try to trnslate with : http://www.google.fr/language_tools?hl=fr

I will probably go to this event, I will give more news about this similar technology!

November 11, 2011, 12:01:42 pm
Prototyping the VisionaiR360 has finished and finally we have reached our final version, which we call "The Simulation Cube". it runs Quest3D, Unity3D and Google Earth.

check out the video here
The Simulation Cube by VisionaiR 3D

Maarten van Grinsven
VisionaiR 3D
November 12, 2011, 12:15:01 am
Impressive.

Is it just for the demonstration, but seems to me, that sitting down and having to move around in your chair is a big hassle for user immersion.

If the screens were placed at height for eye adjustable level then they could stand and have freedom of movement for 360 viewing.  Or maybe some chairs on a auto-glide 360 rail so that as you move aorund the 3dscene/turn the 3d navigator it also moves the chairs, more tech and cost of course.

I notice also that it is forward projection, any way to have that as back projection?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: